Measuring Range 0-40.0 mils (0-999 m)
DCF-900 Coating Thickness Gauges measures the thickness of paint, plating, coatings and galvanizing on iron or steel...more accurately, dependably and economically!
DCN-900 Coating Thickness Gauges measures the thickness of paint coatings, anodize on aluminum, brass, zinc, stainless steel and other non-ferrous metals.
- Dependable accuracy over the entire range of the gauge, not just at "calibration check" points.
- Keypad-selectable English or metric units
- Continuous reading update detects soft coatings as probe tip "sinks" into them
- The DCF-900 and DCN-900 Coating Thickness Gauges include the gauge and probe, a bare test plate, two precision calibration shims & instructions, all in a foam-fitted carrying case
- Calibration to NIST standards is available upon request
- Remote probe permits easy access for difficult, hard-to-reach places
- Longer lasting, driftless calibration... Set it and forget it for long periods of time and from job to job
- Very reliable operation... Consistent, repeatable measurements
- Excellent results with thin substrates... As thin as 0.005" (10 m)
The 900 Series Gauges are supplied as a complete kit including gauge, ferrous or non-ferrous zero plate, 2 plastic test shims and instruction manual in a foam fitted, hard plastic carrying case.
|Range||0.1-40.0 mils (0-999 m) |
|Resolution||0.1 mil (1 m) |
|Accuracy||0-10 mils: 0.1 mil|
10-40 mils: 1% of reading
|Probe||DCF-900: Monopolar, magnetic induction, 0.4" (10 mm) dia., spring-loaded, with V-notched shell and 28" (70 cm) cable|
DCN-900: Eddy current, 0.4" (10mm) dia., spring-loaded, with v-notched shell and 28" (70cm) cable
|Battery/Life||9 V alkaline/approx. 6 months normal use, with auto shutoff after 90 seconds of non-use. |
|Dimension||5.7" x 3.1" x 1.5"|
(145 x 79 x 38 mm)
|Weight||9 oz. (250 g) |
|Temperature Limits||Material: 15 to 140 F (-10 to 60 C)|
Ambient: 32 to 125 F (0 to 50 C)
|Warranty||One (1) year |
|Minimum Radius for Convex Surfaces||0.375" (9.5 mm)|
|Minimum Radius for Concave Surfaces||2.5" (63.5 mm)|
|Minimum Headroom||2.5" (63.5mm)|
|Minimum Sample Diameter||0.5" (13 mm)|
|Minimum Substrate Thickness - F||0.020"|
|Minimum Substrate Thickness - NFe||NA|