Designed for utmost flexibility for quality control and inspections, All 740 probes can be connected using supplied extension cable or inserted directly into the gauge housing for easy 1-Hand operation.
The new MiniTest 700 Series Coating Thickness Gauges offer a reliable and accurate solution to all your coating thickness measurement tasks, especially when a reliable finish and perfect product appearance play are of major importance and add value to your product such as in the automotive and shipbuilding industry, steel and bridge construction, appliance manufacture and more.
The ElektroPhysik MiniTest 740 Coating Thickness Gauge is ergonomically designed and its rounded shape allows the MiniTest gauge to fit perfectly into the palm of your hand. Also, the MiniTest 700 gauges feature a measuring speed setting option that allows adjustment to changing requirements for utmost efficiency and optimum productivity: taking many readings in a short time with medium precision or taking only a few readings with increased accuracy.
All MiniTest 720 probes compensate for irregular shaped surfaces thanks to the predefined calibration methods that are available to adapt to a wide range of different surface conditions and accuracy requirements.
All MiniTest 700 Series gauges are equipped with the new SIDSP technology. SIDSP is a brand-new technology being applied to coating thickness gauges for the first time. This new technology sets a new benchmark for innovative coating thickness measurement worldwide.
SIDSP stands for Sensor-Integrated Digital Signal Processing a technology where the signals are completely processed into digital form inside the probe at the time and point of measurement and are manufactured according to new state-of-the-art production techniques.
Unlike conventional techniques, the SIDSP probes create and control the excitation signal for the probe. The return signals are directly digitally converted and processed at a 32 bits accuracy to give you the complete coating thickness value. For this technique, highly sophisticated methods of digital signal processing are used as known from modern telecommunication technologies (mobile phone networks) such as digital filters, base band converting, averaging, stochastic analysis, etc. This enables the user to achieve a signal quality and precision unmatched with traditional analogue signal processing found in most other coating thickness gauges. The thickness value is digitally transmitted via the probe cable to the display unit setting a new standard in coating thickness measurement, offering significant advantages compared to the commonly used analogue probes.
The new SIDSP sensors guarantee:
- Highest accuracy and repeatability
- Wide range of probes for a wide variety of applications
- Both N and FN probes compensate for substrate conductivity
- Consistent readings over a wide range of material temperature
- SExcellent wear-resistant
- All 740 Probes cab be connected via extension cable or inserted directly into the gauge housing (integrated probe type) for easy 1-Hand operation.
- Interchangeable probes are suitable for a wide variety of applications for coatings up to (600 mils) thickness
- Downloadable probe and gauge firmware updates
- Automatic substrate identification with FN probes
- Audible and visual (red and green LED) alarms
- All probes are temperature compensated
- Large, easy-to-read backlit graphic display
- Display orientation can be rotated 180 so readings will never be upside down
- Large memory capacity for 100,000 readings in 100 batches
- Factory set, zero, 2-point, 3-point and roughness calibration
- Individual readings and statistical values can be recalled to the display
- SSPC-PA2, ISO, Swedish (SS 18 41 60), Australian (AS 3894.3), ISO 19840 and ASTM D 7091 (formerly D 1186 and D 1400)
- Easy menu-guided operation, 25 menu languages available
- Built-in IrDA port for infrared data transmission to printer or PC
|The MiniTest 740 is supplied as a complete kit with:|
- MiniTest 740 gauge
- SIDSP sensor (according to choice)
- Calibration set with calibration standards and zero reference plate(s)
- Instruction manual in German, English, French and Spanish on CD
- 2 Mignon/ AA batteries
Coating Thickness Gauge
Coating Thickness Gauge
Certified Plastic Shims
|Single reading statistics||Block value statistics (norm-conforming/ user-configurable), stored readings and statistical values can be called seperately, print-out readings and statistics on MiniPrint 7000 data printer, transfer of readings and statistics to a PC|
|Statistical evaluation||Number of readings, minimum, maximum, mean value, standard deviation, coefficient of variation|
|Memory batches||Include readings, a defined calibration mode, parameters and statistics calculated from batch readings|
|Individual temperature compensation||Yes|
|Number of memories||10, user-definable memory arrangement according to batches|
|Total memory capacity||max. 10,000|
|Sensor characteristics||High-accuracy sensor characteristics through up to 50 calibration points during the sensor manufacture|
|SIDSP sensor||Yes, for increased accuracy and reproducibility|
|Sensor Type||Convertible from external to built-in sensor|
|Substrate Identification||Yes, with FN sensors|
|Calibration modes||Factory calibration, zero-point, 2-points, 3-point calibration, calbiration method "rough", user-adjustable off-set value, user-adjustable correction value for substrate roughness|
|International calibration procedures||ISO, SSPC, "Swedish", "Australian"|
|Measuring units||metric (m, mm, cm) / imperial (mils, inch, thou) switchable|
|Display||Large graphical display, backlit, 180 rotatable|
|Menu||User-friendly, 25 languages|
|Software||Sensor and gauge software updates available via download|
|Measuring rate/ accuracy||User adjustable to standard, quick, high precision|
|Thickness identification||Continuous mode for quick identification of changes in thickness|
|Automatic switch-off||Battery saving mode with adjustable switch-off mode|
|Operating temperature||10C to 60C|
|Storage temperature||20C to 70C|
|Data port||IrDA 1.0 (infrared)|
|Power supply||2 x AA (Mignon cells), rechargeable NiMH accu batteries type AA/HR6 (as an option)|
|Norms and standards||DIN EN ISO 1461, 2064, 2178, 2360, 2808, 3882, 19840, ASTM B 244, B 499, D7091, E 376, AS 3894.3, SS 1841 60, SSPC-PA 2|